Monday, July 25, 2011

Exiting the Maddness

It's Monday. The Monday after San Diego Comic Con. I am tired, sore and... pretty well content.

For those that have never gone to San Diego Comic Con, I give you this warning, "You will never find a more retched hive of hot chicks and nerds." And, they're both in costumes. (see below)














Each year, the Con grows. It fills up the convention center and spills out into San Diego's Gaslamp district. The mass of people trying to rush from one event to another, demanding that people give them free things (or demanding that people take the free things they have to give) is overwhelming. Every year I decide that it will be my last, yet every year for the last 5 I have returned. Why do I do it? It's a lot of fun

This year, as it has been for me, the fun comes from finding the people in the photos above. People put so much work into getting dressed as their heroes. Some can pull it off, and some have the courage not to care that they just can't, but all are in it for all the marbles, and they get to be celebrities for a day. I've done for a day, and it's great to be stopped for photos. These people make Con into a communal scavenger hunt. I can't tell you how many times I asked people if they had seen, "Man Leah".


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment